One of the most influential musicians of our era, David Bowie has passed away after an 18-month battle with cancer. The music legend died at 69, just two days after the release of his 25th studio album, Blackstar. It was released on his 69th birthday.
Bowie inspired countless musicians, artists and people all over the world and made being different possible. The artist's hits include Let's Dance, Changes, Space Oddity, Starman, Modern Love, Heroes, Under Pressure, Rebel Rebel and Life on Mars.
It wasn't only his music that inspired, it was also his honest perspective and authentic uncompromising style - He'll be deeply missed.
David Bowie Quotes -
- "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."
- "There, in the chords and melodies, is everything I want to say. The words just jolly it along. It's always been my way of expressing what for me is inexpressible by any other means."
- “Fame itself… doesn’t really afford you anything more than a good seat in a restaurant.”
- “I suppose for me as an artist it wasn’t always just about expressing my work; I really wanted, more than anything else, to contribute in some way to the culture I was living in.”
- “All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it.”
- “Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere.”
Image Source: "David Bowie" by roffland