Sometimes the most effective solution for feeling unmotivated or overwhelmed is to read a couple of quotes from others who have succeeded before you.
Just a word or a phrase can be the jump-start to reignite your creativity and find your misplaced mojo.
Here's a few other quotes we love.
- "An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
- Edwin Land
- “If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will
– Vincent Van Gogh
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.”
– Leo Burnett
- “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will.”
– George Bernard Shaw
- “The principles of true art is not to portray, but to evoke.”
- Jerry Kosinski
- “The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.”
— Alan Alda
- "An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one."
- Charles Horton Cooley
- "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."
- Pablo Picasso
- "Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."
- Oscar Wilde
- "Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still."
- Dorothea Lange
Do you have a favorite quote that inspires you?