Been looking at designing a website for a client and while it's not my core skillset, as I do graphic art, I said I would have a look at it.

First of all, they want the site to look beautiful which really makes my heart sing as there are like so many sites on the web that are fugly. Now, I have a dilemma, if I make the UI obvious, that means loads of buttons and controls, if I bury the UI, then it makes the site harder to use. 

So does anyone know if there are any rules on this? Appreciate it. (Hugs) Tyler.

Been looking at designing a website for a client and while it's not my core skillset, as I do graphic art, I said I would have a look at it.

First of all, they want the site to look beautiful which really makes my heart sing as there are like so many sites on the web that are fugly. Now, I have a dilemma, if I make the UI obvious, that means loads of buttons and controls, if I bury the UI, then it makes the site harder to use. 

So does anyone know if there are any rules on this? Appreciate it. (Hugs) Tyler.