Graphic
3 reply replies replies 4 subscriber subscribers

Designing Your Brand

• We live in a visual world today, with icons everywhere we go. As artists being recognized is important to making a living and one of the best ways to do this is create a logo. Two of the most important things to remember is keep it simple and scalable (looks good in both large and small sizes). Here are 7 tips to keep in mind when creating a logo:

1. Be Unique and Clever – Be original and stand out from the rest. Do not use clipart to create your logo.
    2. Understand the Brand – A logo is an image and know what your logo means
    3. Color is Key – Think about every aspect of the image and every color has a different implication and can bring nuance to your message.
    4. What’s in a Name? – A logo consists of two elements; wordmark and symbol.
    5. Keep it Easy and Flexible – It is important to have a balance of simple and quirky, make your logo interesting, but not to the point someone has to analyze it.
    6. Don’t Expect Instant Success – It takes time to gain popularity.
    7. Use Online Resources and Tools – Need inspiration, collaboration or assistance go online, as there is a vast sea of information.

I have been creating logo designs for over 10 years and one of the best ways to create it in black and white first. If it works in black in white it will work in color, though be careful when choosing your color(s). Once you create a logo you will be surprised how quickly people associate your name and logo. Personalize your logo, as it tells a story about you.

To learn more visit: www.mashable.com/2014/04/30/logo-design-tips/

We live in a visual world today, with icons everywhere we go. As artists being recognized is important to making a living and one of the best ways to do this is create a logo. Two of the most important things to remember is keep it simple and scalable (looks good in both large and small sizes). Here are 7 tips to keep in mind when creating a logo:

1. Be Unique and Clever – Be original and stand out from the rest. Do not use clipart to create your logo.
    3. Color is Key – Think about every aspect of the image and every color has a different implication and can bring nuance to your message.
    5. Keep it Easy and Flexible – It is important to have a balance of simple and quirky, make your logo interesting, but not to the point someone has to analyze it.
    7. Use Online Resources and Tools – Need inspiration, collaboration or assistance go online, as there is a vast sea of information.

I have been creating logo designs for over 10 years and one of the best ways to create it in black and white first. If it works in black in white it will work in color, though be careful when choosing your color(s). Once you create a logo you will be surprised how quickly people associate your name and logo. Personalize your logo, as it tells a story about you.

• We live in a visual world today, with icons everywhere we go. As artists being recognized is important to making a living and one of the best ways to do this is create a logo. Two of the most important things to remember is keep it simple and scalable (looks good in both large and small sizes). Here are 7 tips to keep in mind when creating a logo:

Nice tips! I'll keep these in mind when designing my logo.

Really useful post Tracey. I think the most important thing for me is to take the color away when you're trying to figure out the shape and character of the icon/brandmark. When I first starting designing logos for my buddies, I got carried away with too many color. It was hard to evaluate the work until I made it black. Really cool post.

Thanks Aiden and Tyler! Glad you found this post helpful.